Monday 11 June 2012

Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura




An exciting new collaboration has just been announced between Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld and make-up giant Shu Uemura. After launching his make-up line with Sephora last Christmas, Lagerfeld is now working on a special holiday make-up collection with the Japanese beauty brand.

The designer has used Shu Uemura products for more than 20 years - albeit to bring colour to his fashion illustrations, rather than their traditional use. Why? “Because other manufacturers do not offer such beautiful colours,” he tells WWD.

'I love sketching in the morning,' Karl says. 'When I go to sleep I always put my pens and papers next to my bed. I use Shu Uemura shadows to sketch, since they are such fantastic colours.'
Lagerfeld himself selected the colours and packaging for the new collection and has already photographed the accompanying campaign. Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura will launch internationally in November; while the president of Karl Lagerfeld, Pier Paolo Righi, hints that the collection will reflect the designer's 'iconic, ironic style.' As a big fan of both Lagerfeld and the beautiful Shu Uemura line, I for one cannot wait to see the finished collection. 



No comments:

Post a Comment