Friday 1 February 2013

Illamasqua Imperfection

 
Illamasqua Imperfection Spring 2013 Promo LAUNCHES: Illamasqua Imperfection Spring 2013 Collection
 
  
"Who says only perfection is beautiful?"

The creative people behind Illamasqua have once again created a fabulously unique new collection for Spring 2013. This has to be one of my favourites, and one I think all of us can relate to. Cleverly entitled 'I'mperfection', this play on words is all about embracing the traditional idea of 'Imperfection' and celebrating those freckles, beauty spots, scars and birthmarks.
 
We all know those images we see in magazines and on adverts are made-up and airbrushed to within an inch of their life, but it's easy to forget this when looking closely at yourself in the mirror. As a make-up artist, I constantly see beautiful, seemingly perfect models everyday but without a doubt, the ones that stand out to me are the ones with beautiful freckles, over-sized eyebrows or a gap in between their teeth! It sounds like a cliche, but I always remember the model who was smiling and down-to-earth on set and had a little something 'imperfect' about them; who wants to see the same face again and again, my job would certainly be very boring for one!
 



Illamasqua are known for their inspiring and open-minded campaigns and I for one am sold! "Stand up and show the world what makes you perfectly, imperfect. We want you to highlight the features other
brands encourage you to cover up. Because life isn't about finding yourself, life is about celebrating who you really are."

"Within the word imperfection you'll find I'm perfection;
sometimes the soul of the word is staring you in the face.
It is our so called flaws that make us unique.
The beauty is in our differences, our imperfection is our beauty."
Alex Box, Creative Director
 
Tip: Standout items for me are the Limited Edition Nail Varnish in 'Speckle' a beautiful speckled Lilac and the new Lipstick in 'Immodest', a vivid, matte Pink.
 
Nail Varnish in Speckle 
 

 

Illamasqua Spring 2013 I'm Perfection Collection launches on 31st January 2013.

Will you be embracing your 'I'mperfections'?

 

2 comments: